Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hickory Hops Festival Today!

Today Only! Master brewers and microbrewers from all across the region will be in downtown Hickory today. Beer and music - what could be better? For Christmas, I went to the Old Hickory Tap Room to purchase some locally brewed beer for all of the guys on my list. I had no idea that one beer could make a small person drunk. Be warned, they're BIG bottles! When I was presented with a menu, I was very confused. There were dozens of beers on the list. I got a microlesson on microbeers! In the end, I bought a special Christmas ale. It's an ale brewed with honey and spice. What attracted me most though, was the label. The Olde Hickory Brewery does a wonderful job of labeling, and I could just feel the love! Below is what a sidebar on the label says: "We believe our Christmas Ale is the perfect beer for a merry season. Brewed from fond childhood memories of fresh baked cakes and cookies, Christmas Ale is made with Local Honey, Fresh Grated Ginger, Cinnamon Stick and Fresh Orange Zest together with the finest two row barley, pure water, hops, and love. This special Holiday beer is best enjoyed in the company of family and friends." This beer would complete my family celebration! But, I digress. On this occasion, I feel sure that the Olde Hickory Brewery will have us dazzled by some special Spring concoction, so if you go to the Festival, pay close attention to the labels and please post some of the interesting beers that you find!

No comments:

About Me